DECLARATION AND APPEAL FROM THE CHURCH
In the unfortunate incident wherein differences arose within the leadership ranks of ZRO, the undersigned church leaders have been relentlessly pursuing reconciliation. As custodians of the Lord’s flock our sincere prayer and desire is that the community of believers should dwell in peace and harmony at all times.
In our role as leaders of the Church, we would like to declare the following biblical principles in our pursuit of peace and harmony (Exodus 20:13, 2 Chronicle 7:14, Ezekiel 18:21 -23, Mathew 5:44-45, 6:9-15,18:21- 22, 22:37-39, John 13:34-35, 15:12-13, Romans 12:16-21, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19, Ephesians 2:16, 4:2-3 831-32,1John 1:19,3:18).
1. In affirmation of the sacredness and sanctity of life, the Church disproves all forms of violence threatening human life.
2. The Church believes in the principle of repentance wherein past acts of violence and misdeeds are immediately shunned and prevented from happening in future.
3. The Church stands for the principle of forgiveness from God and between men as the way to attain shalom individually and as a community.
4. The Church believes in the principle of reconciliation in order to restore peace and harmony within our community.
5. The Church believes in the unity of believers within the Church and peaceful co-existence within the society.
6. The Church believes in the integrity of social and political organizations and desires no factionalism that may inadvertently devastate the community.
7. The Church believes in the supreme teaching of the Lord Jesus Christ to love one another without which no peace can ever be achieved.
As the church prays .for peace and harmony, the church leaders appeal to all individuals to refrain from promoting bias agenda that may incite hatred within the community and request the civil society bodies to restrain from actions that may aggravate the situation in order to give way to peace and reconciliation.
Rev. Stephen Chinzathang, Senior Executive Secretary, ZPCS;
Rev. T.Chinminlian, Executive Director, TBC(ABA),
Rev. Sut Khan Thang, Executive Secretary, CBA;
Rev. Harry Muanlal, Executive Director, EOC;
Rev. Kamkhotinthang Neihsial, Area Co-ordinator, MPCS(Manipur Area);
Rev. T.Muan Khup, Executive Director, BCM;
Rt. Rev. SK Manlun, Bishop, MELC;
Rev. T.Thangmuanlal Zou, Executive Director, ZCBC;
Rev. L.Liankhanlal, Executive Secretary, SBCA;
Rev. Jamsuanpau Suantak, Executive Director, TBC(IFCA);
Rev. S.Vungminthang, General Secretary, EBC;
Rev. Khen P.Tombing, Chief Co-ordinator, PCI(R) hi uhi.