No. DC (CCP)/Jdl/2001-5(Pt): Whereas, the polls for the upcoming General Elections to the 17th Lok Sabha-2019 has been announced on 10.03.2019;
2. Whereas, it has been made to appear to me that some anti-social elements may try to disturb the peaceful conduct of poll, thereby creating a situation which may lead to disturbances and peaceful conduct of the said election;
3. Whereas, upon careful consideration of the matter, I am satisfied that immediate preventive measures are necessary for smooth conduct of elections;
4. And whereas, I am of the opinion that there is a need to take immediate preventive measures for smooth conduct of election poll by invoking Section 144(2) of Code of Criminal Procedure,1973 to check any untoward breach of peace and tranquility;
5. Therefore, I Shyam Lal Poonia, IAS, District Magistrate, Churachandpur District in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 144(2) of Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 do hereby prohibit, within the whole of Churachandpur:
(a) Assembly of five(5) or more persons sloganeering, rallying, demonstrating, shouting, dharna etc (b) Carrying of swords, sticks etc or other sharp edged article which may be used to cause harm (c) Carrying of any firearms and other lethal weapons, without the prior consent of the competent authority.
6. The Order will not be applicable to government officials/security personnel on duty.
7. In view of the urgent nature of the case, sufficient time is not available to serve the notice, the orders are being passed ex-parte.
8. The Order will come into force with immediate effect and will remain in force till the completion of the election process.
Given under my hand and seal on this day, the 12th of March, 2019
(Shyam Lal Poonia)
District Magistrate, Churachandpur