The Secretary (TA & Hills), Govt, of Manipur
The Deputy Commissioner. Churachandpur District, Manipur
The Chief Executive Officer, Churachandpur Autonomous District Council, Churachandpur
Sub:- Writ Petition 1C) No.832 of 2018
Mr Langkhanpau Guite
State of Manipur and 5 Ors.
– Judgment dated 25.10.2018 of the Hon’ble High Court,
Manipur passed in W.P.(C) No.832 of 2018.
Please refer to my legal notice dated 25/10/2018 regarding the above subject In continuation of the said notice dated 25/10/2018, I, under the instruction and on behalf of my client, Mr Langkhanpau Guite. resident of Dorcas Veng, New Lamka, PO & PS Churachandpur. Churachandpur District, Manipur, hereby serve you this legal notice:
- That, by the legal notice dated 25/10/2018 you were requested to take necessary actions for fixing the exact date and time for holding the meeting for election of Chairman of the ADC, Churachandpur on 05/11/2018 as directed by the Hon’ble High Court of Manipur vide its Judgment dated 25/10/2018 made in W P (C) No 832 of 2018 passed by the Single Bench of Hon’ble Justice Kh Nobin Singh
- That, however, till date no action has been taken up for complying the aforesaid order of the Hon’ble High Court from the side of the government respondents Instead, it is learnt that appeal has been preferred by the respondent no 1 against the aforesaid order of the Single Bench dated 25/10/2018 by filling writ appeal on 30/10/2018.
- That, It is inform that the said writ appeal has not yet been moved before the Hon’ble Division Bench Therefore there is no any order staying the operation of the aforesaid order of the Hon’ble Single Judge. Accordingly, the order of the Hon’ble Single Bench is still operative and in full force
- That, it is further inform that in the meantime the High Court of Manipur will remain close w.e.f. 01/11/2018 and reopen on 12/11/2018 and in between there will be a vacation bench of Hon’ble Justice Kh. Nobin Singh on 05/11/2018 Therefore, there is no division bench for taking up the writ appeal filed by the government respondent before 05/11/2018 on which date the election for appointment of Chairman of ADC Churachandpur was directed to be held by the order dated 25/10/2018 passed in W.P.(C) No.832 of 2018.
- That, the above factual position being clearly in your kind notice, it is requested to issue necessary orders for fixing the exact venue and time for holding the election for appointment of the Chairman of ADC Churachandpur for compliance of the aforesaid order dated 25/10/2018 passed in W.P.(C) No.832 of 2018 failing which the petitioner has no option but to file contempt petition against you for willful violation of the aforesaid Hon’ble High Court’s order.
Place : Imphal