Meeting Proceeding of UPF
Time: 13:00 hrs
Venue: Guwahati, Assam
The meeting was chaired by Pu Jacob Haokip, UKLF on behalf of the Vice Chairman, UPF.
The meeting Chairman requested the General Secretary of UPF, Pu ST Thangboi to brief the August House on events and recent developments leading up to the meeting.
Pu ST Thangboi began the meeting with a few introductory words and a prayer.
The meeting Chairman Pu Jacob Haokip laid down the following Agenda for thorough deliberation by the august meeting.
1. Issues Pertaining to the Chairmanship of UPF
2. Issue regarding misuse of UPF letterhead
While thoroughly deliberating the agenda, the sitting noted the following actions of Thanglianpau challenging the Central Committee on several occasions and acts in ways that are in direct conflict to the principles and constitution of the Front and very detrimental to the progress of the Front.
- That on the 28th of December 2018, he instigated certain constituent members within the Front to challenge the unanimous decision of the Central Committee that was adopted on the 21st of December 2018 at Imphal, also dispatching a letter to the Vice Chairman, UPF lamenting his non-acceptance of the unanimous decision and in defiance, claiming to be the Chairman of UPF. The same letter, without the knowledge of the Central Committee was dispatched to the interlocutor, disrupting the steps taken for reconciliation by the Centre Committee. His action is a direct violation of Article 9 of the constitution of the UPF.
- That on the 23rd of February 2019, he singlehandedly and without consulting any fellow members, recommended an individual for the upcoming Member of Parliament election. This amounted to selection of his favored candidate, the same way he has been practicing during every election in the past. His interests and involvement in elections has jaded and embarrassed the Front on many occasions.
- He and group under his tight noose, again disrespectfully challenged the meeting on the 5th of March 2019 at New Delhi slated as per decision of the Central Committee meeting on The 24th of February at Imphal. This meeting failed to fathom the need to not-participate in the Delhi meeting after their arriving and also the need to dispatch a letter to the General Secretary, UPF while being able to conveniently sit down and discuss their problems with the Central Committee.
- That he again contested the Press release of the Front dated 11th March 2019 by way of issuing a Rejoinder on the very same day, repeating his claim of being the Chairman of the UPF and making deals with other organization as Chairman UPF and without the knowledge of any fellow members or the Central Committee for that matter.
- Katheos and Khencin, as deputed by Thanglianpau and members of KNO/KNA were witnessed meeting political leaders at Guwahati. This shocked fellow members of UPF and left this sitting wonder how and when the ZRO under Thanglianpau left us, joining the KNO.
Therefore, the August meeting of the United People’s Front (UPF) on this day of the Thirteenth of March two thousand and nineteen unanimously adopted the following resolutions –
- The meeting unanimously expels with immediate effect Thanglianpau from the UPF by invoking Article 11 of the constitution of the UPF for the repeated offences they have committed against the Front. Henceforth, Thanglianpau shall no longer have any representation in the UPF, nor be a party to the Suspension of Operation (SoO) between the UPF and the Government, and he is hereby stripped of any diplomatic/political immunity he may have availed due to the SoO.
The meeting also unanimously agreed to accept the membership and representation of the Zomi Re-Unification Organization under the leadership of Pu Calvin
The meeting also by resolution unanimously agreed to nominate Pu ST Thangboi, KNF as the Chairman to lead the Front, Pu Calvin H, ZRO as the General Secretary and Pu David Chongloi, KRA (U) as the Assistant General Secretary. Their term of office will be in consistent with the ongoing term, ending in February 2020.
Central Committee for the term 2018-2020 are as follows-
Chairman – ST Thangboi, KNF
Vice-Chairman– SS Haokip, UKLF
General Secretary – Calvin H, ZRO
Asst. General Secretary – David Chongloi, KRA (U)
Finance Secretary – L Sanga Hmar, HPC (D)
Information Secretary – Thanglenlal, KRF
Member – Kamkhanpau, ZDV
Member – PS Hangsing, ZRF
Spokesperson – Aron Kipgen, KNF
Convener, Joint Monitoring Group – Jacob Haokip, UKLF
That pertaining to the repeated misuse of the Front’s letterhead, the meeting after much deliberation understood the actions of Central Committee members, namely Kamkhanpau, ZDV and PS Hangsing, ZRF who under duress have become accessories of Thanglianpau’s actions. However, any repeated offense from now on by the mentioned parties would result in their membership being seriously deliberated. The General Secretary, UPF is to communicate to them the resolution in writing at the earliest.
The meeting also agreed to convey the meeting resolution in writing, including the reformed Central Committee list and other important documents to the interlocutor and all officials concerned at the earliest.
The meeting stressed the importance of fraternity within the UPF and the need for closer ties among members at this crucial time and concluded with a prayer from the Chairman Pu ST Thangboi, President Kuki National Front.